Mary Meeker of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers has released her highly anticipated, annual presentation on internet trends. Here it is:
Some highlights from the slides:
- More than 500 million photos are uploaded and shared every day. More than half of those are on Facebook.
- About 100 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- About a quarter of people worldwide say they share “everything” or “most things” online. In Saudia Arabia, India, and Indonesia, at least half say the same thing.
- Mobile internet traffic as a percentage of all internet traffic is expected to continued growing one-and-a-half times per year. It’s currently 15%.
- In China this year, mobile internet access surpassed PC internet access for the first time.
- On Groupon, 45% of transactions are conducted with mobile devices.
- Smartphone users check their devices about 150 times a day.
- QR code scanning is up fourfold in China from a year earlier.
- China now has more users of Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android mobile operating systems than the United States does.
Correction: An earlier version of this post incorrectly identified Meeker’s employer as KPMG.