Take out your tech buzzword bingo card.
- Mark Cuban
- initial coin offering
- startup missing a vowel (Unikrn)
- roughly $31 million raised
- not just e-sports, e-sports betting
- gambling license in Malta
- previous investments by Ashton Kutcher and Elisabeth Murdoch
In case you couldn’t figure out what was going on from the above list, initial coin offerings are a largely unregulated and controversial way to use cryptocurrencies to fund startups. In this ICO, Unikrn sold roughly $31 million of Unikoin Gold tokens, which can be used to place bets on its platform on games such as League of Legends, Defense Against the Ancients (Dota) and CounterStrike, according to Coindesk.
As for the bingo, all I was missing was “AI” to win. Sad!