In this conference call, senior reporter Akshat Rathi and science and health editor Katie Palmer discussed the record-breaking heatwaves that occurred around the world in July 2019. Among other things, they discussed:
- What are the wide-ranging impacts of extreme heat?
- In cities hit by extreme heat, how might we mitigate the threat to public health?
- How do scientists attribute specific extreme weather events to human-induced climate change?
- What does a continuation of these global warming trends mean for future emissions?
- How do we create cool environments without increasing overall energy use and emissions?
This story was published .