Apple will likely reveal new details about the Apple Watch—and potentially a new MacBook Air—today at an event in California. Here’s how to tune in:
- The event is scheduled to begin at 1am Hong Kong time, 1pm Eastern time, and 5pm London time.
- Apple will stream live video from the event. It is already advertising the live stream link, which can be accessed from apple.com.
- There’s a catch: Apple’s live stream requires semi-recent Apple technology. As its site explains, “Live streaming video requires Safari 5.1.10 or later on OS X v10.6.8 or later; Safari on iOS 6.0 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 6.2 or later.”
- Another catch: The stream isn’t always reliable.
- Quartz will be in attendance and is covering the event live. Other tech news sites also provide elaborate live blogs, including photographs. The Verge and Recode usually do a good job.
Quartz will provide fast and thorough analysis. Stay tuned to our Apple index page for the latest.