Rebalancing client portfolios requires a delicate balance. It can provide risk control, but rebalancing too often could incur needless costs. This research paper evaluates the benefits and challenges of rebalancing and offers rebalancing strategies and best practices.
Use this paper to:
- Explore the benefits of rebalancing and the potential challenges of discussing rebalancing with clients.
- Evaluate the basics of three common rebalancing strategies: time-only, threshold-only, and time-and-threshold.
- Discover techniques for implementing a rebalancing strategy.
Read the whitepaper.
- All investments are subject to risk, including possible loss of principal.
- Diversification does not ensure a profit or protect against a loss.
This article was produced by Vanguard and not by the Quartz editorial staff.