Tonight (June 26), we find out who rules soccer in the Americas. Argentina will play Chile in the final match of the Copa América Centenario tournament, at 8pm US eastern time at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
Sunday’s game is a rematch from earlier this month, when Argentina beat Chile 2-1 during the group rounds of the tournament. It’s also a rematch of last year’s final, when host country Chile defeated Argentina on penalty kicks. Chile slotted all four of its tries, while Argentina’s lone penalty scorer that night was Lionel Messi.
Americans know all too well the brilliance of Messi, who scored an unbelievable free kick last week as Argentina dismantled a hapless US squad in the semifinal. While Argentina is the favorite tonight, Chile is also in excellent form after beating Mexico and Colombia by a combined nine goals. Chile’s Eduardo Vargas is the tournament’s leading goal scorer with six, one more than Messi.
Here’s how to watch:
In the US
- On TV (in English): Fox Sports 1
- On TV (in Spanish): Univision, Univision Deportes
- Online: Fox Sports Go, Fox Soccer 2Go ($20 subscription required), fuboTV ($10 subscription, but free trial available)
- On TV: TyC Sports, DirecTV Sports, Televisión Pública Argentina
- Online: TyC Sports Play, DirecTV Play
- On TV: Canal 13, DirecTV Sports
- Online: DirecTV Play
In the UK
- On TV: Premier Sports
- Online: Premier Player