Skip to navigationSkip to content
FAST MOVER

Donald Trump says he will postpone his VP announcement after the Nice attack

AP Photo/Michael Conroy
A quick reaction.
  • Annalisa Merelli
By Annalisa Merelli

Reporter

Published This article is more than 2 years old.

Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump has announced on Twitter that he will postpone the announcement of his choice for vice presidential candidate, which was scheduled for tomorrow, July 15.

Trump says his decision was motivated by the news of an attack in Nice, France, where a truck ran into a crowd gathered to watch Bastille Day fireworks, killing at least 60 people.

Trump had earlier also commented on the attack, asking “When will we learn?” and adding that it “is only getting worse.” The comment mirrored his previous reaction to attacks at Istanbul airport on June 29, and implied that this was a terrorist attack, though French officials have made no such claim so far.

📬 Kick off each morning with coffee and the Daily Brief (BYO coffee).

By providing your email, you agree to the Quartz Privacy Policy.