Here’s what you need to know
Donald Trump allegedly sought to lead the 2021 Capitol attack. The revelation comes from a star witness who took the stand yesterday in the US House committee hearings on the Jan. 6 attack.
A Texas judge suspended an old anti-abortion law. In Tennessee, meanwhile, a new abortion ban went into effect. The Biden administration has announced an “action plan” in response to the overturning of Roe v. Wade.
Tesla laid off about 200 employees. The EV-maker proceeded with planned job cuts, firing mostly hourly workers from the autopilot team.
The US will step up monkeypox vaccine distribution. Nearly 300,000 doses of the vaccine will be distributed across states in the coming weeks.
Exxon and Imperial are selling their Canada assets to Whitecap. The Canadian public oil company will acquire the jointly owned shale assets for $1.5 billion.
NATO is set to expand eastward. Turkey has lifted its block on Sweden and Finland’s bids to join the military alliance.
- China is softening its zero-covid approach—for nowQuartz • 46 minutes ago
- The FDA holds the key to expanding abortion accessQuartz • 1 hour ago
- Quartz investigation: H&M showed bogus environmental scores for its clothingQuartz • 4 hours ago
- The controversial way fashion brands gauge sustainability is being suspendedQuartz • 5 hours ago
- God is disappearing from the gun control debateQuartz • June 28, 2022
- Can adjusting font styles really help us read faster?Quartz • June 28, 2022
- “Top Gun: Maverick” shows Hollywood can survive without China’s film marketQuartz • June 28, 2022