Assya Barrette is an engineer and sustainability blogger at GreenHighFive.com who helps people learn how to live more environmentally sustainable lives. She also runs a free email course on how to do your own buy-nothing-new challenge.
- HAPPIER HOLIDAYSAn anti-consumerist gift guide for our incredibly consumerist holiday seasonQuartz • December 17, 2015
- TIME FOR A CHANGEWhat if the only way to save the planet is to dramatically slow our economiesQuartz • December 4, 2015
- NO POO FOR YOUHow Big Shampoo conditioned us to buy products our hair—and environment—don’t needQuartz • September 22, 2015
- SAY YES TO AN OLD DRESSIt’s time to say goodbye to the wedding industry’s most unnecessarily extravagant fantasyQuartz • September 3, 2015
- A NEW KIND OF NORMALI went 200 days without buying anything new and learned how toxic our need for possessions isQuartz • August 21, 2015