Carter Dougherty is a former Europe correspondent who made it about halfway to a PhD in modern Germany history before leaving academia for journalism. Now he writes about finance and international affairs.
- PROMISES BROKENAmerica’s social contract is broken—of course the people are reactingQuartz • December 13, 2016
- ESTABLISHMENT DISCREDTrumpism is about to collide with Republican orthodoxy in a most peculiar wayQuartz • November 17, 2016
- MONEY MARKET MANIAThe new rule that could save the US from billions in bailoutsQuartz • October 24, 2016
- LEARNING FROM THE WORSTTrump’s blunders are giving Republicans a roadmap to the White House in 2020Quartz • October 21, 2016
- ASYMMETRIC DEBATETeam Clinton should think counterinsurgency when trying to neutralize TrumpQuartz • September 26, 2016
- ERNST WAS RIGHTTrump really is a fascist, for one simple reason: his rejection of transcendenceQuartz • September 20, 2016