Helena Bala is a recovering lawyer and lobbyist. She lives in New York with her partner Alex and her dog, Stanley Zbornak. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CRAIGSLIST CONFESSIONAL“I’m not sure I could live with myself if her career were to become collateral to my mistakes”Quartz at Work • December 19, 2018
- SOMETHING’S GOTTA GIVE“The opportunity cost of raising my own children was losing my career”Quartz at Work • December 14, 2018
- “Every slight honk would bring me back to that day when our vehicle was blown feet into the air”Quartz • November 13, 2016
- INTIMACY“When it comes to picking our partners, there are no coincidences”Quartz • October 30, 2016
- OFF THE PRECIPICE“I was nearly date raped”Quartz • October 2, 2016
- ADDICTION“I started throwing up so often, and so violently, that the scar on my hand had no time to heal”Quartz • September 18, 2016
- CRAIGSLIST CONFESSIONAL“I was sixteen when he raped me.”Quartz • September 4, 2016