Henning Melber, University of Pretoria
Henning Melber (PhD) Extraordinary Professor, Department of Political Sciences, University of Pretoria. He is also Senior Research Associate, The Nordic Africa Institute, Uppsala/Sweden; Senior Research Fellow, The Institute for...
- A LUTA CONTINUASouth Africa’s Freedom Day is a reminder of its unfinished business and stark inequalityQuartz Africa • April 27, 2019
- OVERHYPEDThe hype by big business about a fast-growing African middle class has been misleadingQuartz Africa • November 2, 2017
- CLASS WARSThe African middle class matters—but not for the reasons you thinkQuartz Africa • August 14, 2017
- KNOW YOUR PLACEIt’s time to decide what being middle class in Africa really meansQuartz Africa • April 30, 2017
- NOT SO FASTLet’s sort out the facts from the fiction of Africa’s rising middle classQuartz Africa • June 5, 2016