James McGregor has lived in China for more than 20 years. He is the author of "One Billion Customers." His latest book is "No Ancient Wisdom, No Followers: The Challenges of Chinese Authoritarian Capitalism.
- For a successful first term, Xi Jinping will have to look no further than Barack ObamaQuartz • April 1, 2013
- COMMENTARYChina’s hacking is only different this time because the New York Times reported itQuartz • February 4, 2013
- Sponsor content by CadillacChina went from being a closed system with open minds to an open system with closed minds
- Sponsor content by CadillacThese pictures from social media say what the Chinese people can’t about their new leaders
- Sponsor content by CadillacDistrust between multinationals and China’s government can be deadly
- Sponsor content by CadillacNo matter who and how many rise to power in China, a pile of problems awaits
- Sponsor content by CadillacDon't bring your cell phone to meetings in China, you might get hacked