Keri Blakinger is a prison reform activist and felon living in upstate New York. She is a staff writer at The Ithaca Times and has her work has appeared in The Washington Post, Business Insider, and Alternet.
- LOST PRIVILEGESI didn’t fully appreciate my right to vote until I had it taken awayMay 10, 2016Quartz
- NO JUSTICE HEREKeeping rehabilitated inmates behind bars makes a mockery of America’s so-called justice systemMarch 9, 2016Quartz
- GETTING CLEAN TO STAY CLEANThe best way to truly help drug addicts is to help them use drugs safelyDec. 26, 2015Quartz
- BOXED INFor millions of Americans, getting a job depends on one little boxNov. 23, 2015Quartz
- DAMAGING THE DAMAGEDSolitary confinement is state-sanctioned torture, and it’s putting everyone at riskFeb. 26, 2015Quartz