Matt Moffett worked three decades as a correspondent for the Wall Street Journal in Latin America and the Iberian Peninsula.
- PARLIAMENT OF CROOKSMore than half the lawmakers impeaching Brazil’s president have been either convicted or investigated themselvesQuartz • August 30, 2016
- DELUSÃO OF GRANDEURBrazil has a word for believing that a wildly ambitious project like the Olympics would be a good ideaQuartz • August 25, 2016
- SOCIAL STIGMAWaze can now warn you about high-crime neighborhoods in cities. But is that a good idea?Quartz • August 23, 2016
- ARE YOU SAYING "BOO" OR "BOO-URNS?"Why Brazilians can’t help booing anything and everyone at the OlympicsQuartz • August 17, 2016
- QZ&AThe gringo economist Brazilians love to hate predicts the Olympics will be disastrous for RioQuartz • August 4, 2016
- BALAS PERDIDASBeing killed by stray bullets is a real hazard in Rio, and it’s getting worseQuartz • August 3, 2016
- EXTRA-WARM WELCOMEThousands of Olympic tourists will be enjoying mirrored ceilings and stripper poles in Rio’s love motelsQuartz • July 30, 2016