Mei Fong is a former Wall Street Journal China correspondent and author of award-winning ‘One Child: Story of China’s Most Radical Experiment.” She is also a fellow at think tank New America Foundation.
- YOUNG VOICES RISINGNetflix’s new Umbrella Revolution documentary debuts just ahead of the Tiananmen Square anniversaryMay 26, 2017 • Quartz
- GILEAD REVISITED“The Handmaid’s Tale” dystopia is captivating, especially now that reality is more dramatic than fictionApril 23, 2017 • Quartz
- ELDER COUNTRYThe great graying of China: Why the new two-child policy is too little, too lateDecember 24, 2015 • Quartz
- A LITTLE BIT DEMOCRATICHong Kong protestors might fail but that doesn’t mean the West shouldn’t take them seriouslyOctober 6, 2014 • Quartz
- THE SONS ALSO RISEFarewell my concubine: Mo Yan’s Nobel Prize heralds masculine wave in Chinese litOctober 12, 2012 • Quartz