Nevin Thompson is a copywriter, digital-marketing specialist, and Japanese-English translator who frequently writes on Japan, technology, and internet culture. He lives on Vancouver Island in Canada, used to work as a fake priest, and has married close to 900 people.
- PASS THE REMOTEIn Japan, a lot of the country stays home on New Year’s Eve and watches TVQuartz • December 30, 2016
- ARIGATOA guide to Japanese gift givingQuartz • December 14, 2016
- DEAD RINGERI married over 900 people in Japan who wanted a white guy to fake a Western weddingQuartz • December 13, 2016
- SOUNDS GOOD, EH?Brexit and Trump could be good news for Canada’s tech sceneQuartz • November 28, 2016
- NOT SO FASTThinking of moving to Canada if Trump wins? Think againQuartz • November 2, 2016
- WOMENOMICSJapan wants more women to work—but what do women get in return?Quartz • September 15, 2016
- KNIVES VS. GUNSWhy are mass murders so uncommon in Japan?Quartz • July 26, 2016