Carly Schwartz is the media director for Kalu Yala, an educational institute in the middle of the Panamanian jungle, where she's building a journalism school focused on sustainability. She spent most of last year living in Mexico...
- ¡VIVA CUBA!Traveling to Cuba as an American is easier than you think—if you read this guide firstQuartz • April 14, 2016
- DRINK UPAn architect collected 15,000 jars of dirty water to highlight Mexico City’s putrid waterwaysQuartz • March 22, 2016
- FECAL FANATICS“Smells like opportunity:” Mexican farmers are turning cow pies into proverbial goldQuartz • December 10, 2015
- TODOS SOMOS AYOTZIOne year later, Mexico City refuses to let memory of the 43 missing students dieQuartz • September 26, 2015
- BURNING UP (THE COMPETITION)Burning Man’s rabid brand of loyalty is changing the events businessQuartz • August 14, 2015