John Engen is a Minneapolis-based freelance journalist who writes about corporate governance, finance, global affairs, and a variety of other topics. A former newspaper reporter and editor, and foreign correspondent for the Associated...
- NOM DE GUERREWhy military phrases are so popular in the corporate fight against Covid-19Quartz • April 30, 2020
- PVC WITH A PURPOSEHow a global chemical company gave itself a corporate purpose makeoverQuartz at Work • December 16, 2019
- THE ROSTERThe players tackling the business world’s complex relationship with waterQuartz • December 16, 2019
- QZ&AWater is valuable but its price is low—and it’s fueling a crisisQuartz • December 16, 2019
- STATE OF PLAYHow businesses are confronting the crisis of water scarcityQuartz • December 16, 2019
- ESSAYJoining a company board isn’t always the dream gig it once wasQuartz • March 21, 2019
- BOARDS R USTwo researchers’ innovative idea for fixing corporate boards: get rid of the peopleQuartz • March 20, 2019