Shoba Narayan is a writer in Bangalore. She is the author of "Return to India" and "Monsoon Diary: A Memoir with Recipes."
- It’s time for Americans to start thinking about how they wish to dieQuartz • July 4, 2014
- Narendra Modi’s gloating victory speech was the wrong way to usher in India’s new eraQuartz • May 17, 2014
- WOMAN'S WORKA female chef’s secret recipe for successQuartz • April 29, 2014
- LESSON FROM MALAYSIAN AIRLINESSuperstition about travel may be gone—but our respect of it shouldn’tQuartz • March 25, 2014
- MEMORIES...Forget brain workouts—chanting mantras takes half the time and is more effectiveQuartz • March 19, 2014
- HOLY COWThe real reason Wendy Doniger’s book on Hindus was banned in India: It’s not boring enoughQuartz • March 13, 2014
- EX PATRIAShould I stay or should I go? How an Indian family decided to return homeQuartz • November 17, 2012