Richard Smart spends his days in Tokyo writing, editing, and translating a bit.
- Tokyo is running out of regular hotel rooms—why not stay in a converted corporate office instead?Quartz • September 11, 2015
- Japan’s prime minister just apologized for his nation’s WWII actions—sort ofQuartz • August 14, 2015
- MAKING A SPLASHA swimmer who crossed the Atlantic will now cross the Pacific—and highlight what a dump it’s becomeQuartz • August 11, 2015
- BEATING THE HEATDitch the tie and reduce the AC—Japan’s Cool Biz gets summer hell just about rightQuartz • July 30, 2015
- EARLY AND OFTENWhy you should actually care about this weekend’s pre-ordained Japanese electionQuartz • December 12, 2014