Tara C. Smith
Tara C. Smith, an associate professor of epidemiology at Kent State University, studies infectious disease with a focus on antibiotic resistance and infections that move between animals and people.
- FRIENDLY FACTSThe tactic that convinces reluctant parents to vaccinate their babiesQuartz • November 13, 2017
- FEAR IS CONTAGIOUSTrump blaming immigrants for spreading disease isn’t just offensive, it’s scientifically wrongQuartz • July 18, 2016
- CONTAGIONEbola resurgences in West Africa suggest the virus can linger longer than expectedQuartz • April 24, 2016
- An infectious disease expert breaks down Zika’s threat to pregnant women in the USQuartz • January 28, 2016
- GREAT GIFTThanks Columbus! The true story of how syphilis spread to EuropeQuartz • December 23, 2015
- BRAAAAINSHow realistic is “The Walking Dead”? Ranking pop culture’s worst zombie outbreaksQuartz • November 4, 2015