Tomas Hirst is a financial journalist who writes about macroeconomics, investment, and Russia. He lives in London and launched the online magazine, Pieria.co.uk.
- Why house prices are a problem for the government, not central banksQuartz • May 21, 2014
- LESSONS ON INEQUALITYGreg Mankiw needs to update his econ textbook for the 21st centuryQuartz • June 20, 2013
- Why high prices, not low wages, are central to understanding Britain’s productivity puzzleQuartz • May 29, 2013
- You can blame Reinhart and Rogoff for Fitch’s UK downgrade, tooQuartz • April 24, 2013
- Mark Carney won’t be able to save Britain from itselfQuartz • April 11, 2013
- Even Margaret Thatcher couldn’t have fixed the mess that the UK economy is inQuartz • April 8, 2013