Tom Gardner is a British journalist based in Addis Ababa. He writes for The Economist, and covers land rights and urbanisation for the Thomson Reuters Foundation. Follow him @TomGardner18.
- LESSONS LEARNEDEthiopia’s remarkable education statistics mask a system in crisisQuartz Africa • December 28, 2017
- QZ & AAfrica’s mounting debt crisis will worsen if US and Europe’s economies improve, says IMF’s LagardeQuartz Africa • December 19, 2017
- DIVIDEDEthiopia’s tense ethnic federalism is being tested againQuartz Africa • September 15, 2017
- POP MATRYREthiopia’s government is cracking down on the country’s biggest pop starQuartz Africa • September 6, 2017
- LA PICCOLA ROMAEritrea’s picturesque capital is now a World Heritage site and could help bring it in from the coldQuartz Africa • July 11, 2017
- FINFINNEEthiopians are having a tense debate over who really owns Addis AbabaQuartz Africa • July 6, 2017
- WAITING FOR UBEREthiopia’s ‘Ubers’ are working with little internet, few smartphones and no fundingQuartz Africa • November 23, 2016