ℹ️ You’re reading Quartz Essentials: quick, engaging outlines of the most important topics affecting the global economy.
What you need to know at a glance.
- 1 of 2
Your company’s gone digital—now what?
End-to-end systems help your company stay in a position of constant readiness.
- Only 7% of survey respondents from Accenture’s 2020 Journey to Operations Maturity report are “future-ready.”
- Moving operational maturity from predictive to future-ready increases profits 5.8% and efficiency gains 18.8%.
- In three years, Accenture expects sectors like automotive, insurance, and banking to leap ahead.
- 2 of 2
Future-proof your digital ops
Relying on incremental improvements is an easy way to get left behind.
- Know the ultimate goal. Start at the end, think big, and then outline the bold moves that will help you get there.
- Know the key steps. Increasing your operational maturity requires automation, augmentation, and using better data.
- Know how to leapfrog levels. This happens through flexibility, collaboration, and the ability to deliver at scale.
- UNLIMITED WANTSHow much money would you need to live your ideal life?Quartz • July 7, 2022
- Extra creditThe Inflation Reduction Act would renew tax credits for the Tesla 3, Tesla Y, and Chevy BoltQuartz • August 11, 2022
- GROWING SECTORSustainability is the wrong goal for businesses that care about climate changeQuartz • August 11, 2022
- RUNNING UP THE CHARTSHow much is Kate Bush making from “Running Up That Hill”?Quartz • June 27, 2022
- TRAVEL APARTHEIDHow powerful is your country’s passport?Quartz • January 16, 2022
- NEW LEAGUEA "Super League" is promising to make African soccer clubs richer than everQuartz Africa • August 12, 2022
- WITH FRIENDS LIKE THESETrump and Putin: The worst case scenarioQuartz • December 23, 2016
- Inflation's descentUS inflation was 0% in JulyQuartz • August 10, 2022