ℹ️ You’re reading Quartz Essentials: quick, engaging outlines of the most important topics affecting the global economy.
What you need to know at a glance.
- 1 of 2
Your company’s gone digital—now what?
End-to-end systems help your company stay in a position of constant readiness.
- Only 7% of survey respondents from Accenture’s 2020 Journey to Operations Maturity report are “future-ready.”
- Moving operational maturity from predictive to future-ready increases profits 5.8% and efficiency gains 18.8%.
- In three years, Accenture expects sectors like automotive, insurance, and banking to leap ahead.
- 2 of 2
Future-proof your digital ops
Relying on incremental improvements is an easy way to get left behind.
- Know the ultimate goal. Start at the end, think big, and then outline the bold moves that will help you get there.
- Know the key steps. Increasing your operational maturity requires automation, augmentation, and using better data.
- Know how to leapfrog levels. This happens through flexibility, collaboration, and the ability to deliver at scale.
- LOVE IS PATIENTEvery successful relationship is successful for the same exact reasonsQuartz • January 13, 2017
- SUCK IT UPThe world’s first “negative emissions” plant has begun operation—turning carbon dioxide into stoneQuartz • October 12, 2017
- TRY ITNeuroscientists have identified how exactly a deep breath changes your mindQuartz • November 19, 2017
- DJI'S WAY OR THE HIGHWAYThere have only ever been three original ideas in consumer dronesQuartz • January 17, 2018
- MINDSETThe two mental shifts highly successful people makeQuartz • February 23, 2018
- THE STUFF OF STARSA controversial study has a new spin on the otherworldliness of the octopusQuartz • May 19, 2018
- EARLY ADOPTERWatch 11-year-old Meghan Markle destroy a sexist TV commercialQuartzy • May 23, 2018