ℹ️ You’re reading Quartz Essentials: quick, engaging outlines of the most important topics affecting the global economy.
COPY: The Rundown
What you need to know at a glance.
- 1 of 2
Your company’s gone digital—now what?
End-to-end systems help your company stay in a position of constant readiness.
- Only 7% of survey respondents from Accenture’s 2020 Journey to Operations Maturity report are “future-ready.”
- Moving operational maturity from predictive to future-ready increases profits 5.8% and efficiency gains 18.8%.
- In three years, Accenture expects sectors like automotive, insurance, and banking to leap ahead.
- 2 of 2
Future-proof your digital ops
Relying on incremental improvements is an easy way to get left behind.
- Know the ultimate goal. Start at the end, think big, and then outline the bold moves that will help you get there.
- Know the key steps. Increasing your operational maturity requires automation, augmentation, and using better data.
- Know how to leapfrog levels. This happens through flexibility, collaboration, and the ability to deliver at scale.
- PLACE FOOD ORDERTwo of Africa’s biggest tech investors are backing a startup in the restaurant businessQuartz Africa • September 26, 2022
- GAME ONThis game will show you just how foolish it is to sell stocks right nowQuartz • August 26, 2015
- 👀The unnervingly specific holiday greetings of the Australian Bureau of StatisticsQuartz • September 26, 2022
- FOUL PLAYPotential pipeline sabotage could extend Europe’s gas crisis by yearsQuartz • September 28, 2022
- MESSAGE DELIVEREDWall Street bigwigs face $1.8 billion in fines over texts and WhatsApp messagesQuartz • September 28, 2022
- on the menuRestaurant menu screens are looking at you to decide what you might want to eatQuartz • September 27, 2022
- UNEARTHING HISTORYWhat interactive maps and 3D digital models reveal about Mau Mau detention camps in KenyaQuartz Africa • September 26, 2022
- IN PLANE SIGHTBiden's plan to eliminate hidden airline fees is taking flightQuartz • September 27, 2022