ℹ️ You’re reading Quartz Essentials: quick, engaging outlines of the most important topics affecting the global economy.
- 1 of 2
Your company’s gone digital—now what?
End-to-end systems help your company stay in a position of constant readiness.
- Here is my list item number one
- List item number two
- List item number three !!
- 2 of 2
Siri scooped Apple when asked about the date of its next event. The company later confirmed the voice assistant’s response with formal invitations.
Facebook mistakenly took down the official page for the French town of Bitche. It seems something was lost in translation.
Researchers translated spider web vibrations into musical tones. They hope to someday use the findings to “talk” to arachnids.
Have you seen this rabbit? The world’s longest bunny is missing, and police fear he was kidnapped.
A space reality show competition is one step closer to actually happening. NASA agreed to share information with the creators of Space Hero, but has yet to give a full stamp of approval.
Some people actually understand NFTs. Listen to two of them—Quartz senior reporter Samanth Subramanian and Nadya Ivanova of tech research firm L’Atelier BNP Paribas—discuss on Clubhouse on Thursday, April 15 at 12pm Eastern time.
- TAKE IT BACKThe most offensive curse word in English has powerful feminist originsQuartz • August 5, 2017
- SUCK IT UPThe world’s first “negative emissions” plant has begun operation—turning carbon dioxide into stoneQuartz • October 12, 2017
- BRAIN PRANKScientists studying psychoactive drugs accidentally proved the self is an illusionQuartz • February 9, 2018
- STEAM STEAM BABYEurope’s heatwave is forcing nuclear power plants to shut downQuartz • August 6, 2018
- LIGHTWEIGHT LIFE HACKWhy every cyclist needs a pool noodleQuartz • May 17, 2019
- WINDOW TO THE BRAINScientists may have found a better way to spot early signs of dementia: our eyesQuartz • July 11, 2019
- JOINTS ON A ROLLMore Americans are smoking marijuana than tobacco cigarettes nowQuartz • August 29, 2022
- Grown up techIt’s time for companies to digitally grow up. Here’s howQuartz at Work • January 31, 2023