ℹ️ You’re reading Quartz Essentials: quick, engaging outlines of the most important topics affecting the global economy.
- 1 of 4
By 2030, experts predict that electric vehicles will make up 40% of the global auto market (Source: QZ)
- 2 of 4
Siemens needed a way to deliver alternative options for connectivity to their electric vehicle (EV) charging stations as EV infrastructure expands by the thousands in North America. The tech powerhouse used enterprise-grade mobility from AT&T Business to be able to update chargers’ software, process financial transactions, and monitor the charging equipment.
- 3 of 4
By harnessing enterprise-grade connectivity from AT&T Business, Siemens is providing a smooth charging experience for electric vehicle drivers.
Update software remotely
This solution enables the Munich-based company to make software updates from anywhere.
Process financial transactions
When customers pay to use the electric charging stations services, financial transactions are transmitted over the network.
Monitor charging equipment
Each charging station’s power consumption is monitored across Siemens’ network of more than 75K stations in the US.
- 4 of 4
People and Planet
With enterprise-grade mobility from AT&T Business, Siemens can provide electric vehicle charging stations that are always connected so the stations are available when customers need them. Read the full story here.
- PLACE FOOD ORDERTwo of Africa’s biggest tech investors are backing a startup in the restaurant businessQuartz Africa • September 26, 2022
- GAME ONThis game will show you just how foolish it is to sell stocks right nowQuartz • August 26, 2015
- 👀The unnervingly specific holiday greetings of the Australian Bureau of StatisticsQuartz • September 26, 2022
- FOUL PLAYPotential pipeline sabotage could extend Europe’s gas crisis by yearsQuartz • September 28, 2022
- MESSAGE DELIVEREDWall Street bigwigs face $1.8 billion in fines over texts and WhatsApp messagesQuartz • September 28, 2022
- on the menuRestaurant menu screens are looking at you to decide what you might want to eatQuartz • September 27, 2022
- UNEARTHING HISTORYWhat interactive maps and 3D digital models reveal about Mau Mau detention camps in KenyaQuartz Africa • September 26, 2022
- IN PLANE SIGHTBiden's plan to eliminate hidden airline fees is taking flightQuartz • September 27, 2022