ℹ️ You’re reading Quartz Essentials: quick, engaging outlines of the most important topics affecting the global economy.
- 1 of 4
By 2030, experts predict that electric vehicles will make up 40% of the global auto market (Source: QZ)
- 2 of 4
Siemens needed a way to deliver alternative options for connectivity to their electric vehicle (EV) charging stations as EV infrastructure expands by the thousands in North America. The tech powerhouse used enterprise-grade mobility from AT&T Business to be able to update chargers’ software, process financial transactions, and monitor the charging equipment.
- 3 of 4
By harnessing enterprise-grade connectivity from AT&T Business, Siemens is providing a smooth charging experience for electric vehicle drivers.
Update software remotely
This solution enables the Munich-based company to make software updates from anywhere.
Process financial transactions
When customers pay to use the electric charging stations services, financial transactions are transmitted over the network.
Monitor charging equipment
Each charging station’s power consumption is monitored across Siemens’ network of more than 75K stations in the US.
- 4 of 4
People and Planet
With enterprise-grade mobility from AT&T Business, Siemens can provide electric vehicle charging stations that are always connected so the stations are available when customers need them. Read the full story here.
- TAKE IT BACKThe most offensive curse word in English has powerful feminist originsQuartz • August 5, 2017
- SUCK IT UPThe world’s first “negative emissions” plant has begun operation—turning carbon dioxide into stoneQuartz • October 12, 2017
- BRAIN PRANKScientists studying psychoactive drugs accidentally proved the self is an illusionQuartz • February 9, 2018
- STEAM STEAM BABYEurope’s heatwave is forcing nuclear power plants to shut downQuartz • August 6, 2018
- LIGHTWEIGHT LIFE HACKWhy every cyclist needs a pool noodleQuartz • May 17, 2019
- WINDOW TO THE BRAINScientists may have found a better way to spot early signs of dementia: our eyesQuartz • July 11, 2019
- JOINTS ON A ROLLMore Americans are smoking marijuana than tobacco cigarettes nowQuartz • August 29, 2022
- Grown up techIt’s time for companies to digitally grow up. Here’s howQuartz at Work • January 31, 2023