China’s Africa Project
Unlocked for you by
Too often China’s role in Africa is explained with simple debt-trap narratives and “win-win” utopias. But there is a lot more nuance illuminating why Chinese presence on the continent is as vital for the future of Africa as it is for establishing China’s role as a leading global power.
Paige Vickers for Quartz
Enrich your perspective. Embolden your work. Become a Quartz member.
Your membership supports a team of global Quartz journalists reporting on the forces shaping our world. We make sense of accelerating change and help you get ahead of it with business news for the next era, not just the next hour. Subscribe to Quartz today.
- STATE OF PLAYInside China’s growing presence in AfricaQuartz Africa • August 26, 2019
- ANOTHER LUNATIC EXPRESS?Photos: Kenya is struggling to make commercial sense of its flagship Chinese-built railwayQuartz Africa • August 26, 2019
- THE DRAGON'S TRAPThe myths—and realities—behind China’s lending practices in AfricaQuartz Africa • August 26, 2019
- TOOLKITHow to keep up with China’s engagement in AfricaQuartz Africa • August 26, 2019
- TALKIN' BOUT AN EVOLUTIONWhat does the future hold for China’s Africa project?Quartz Africa • August 28, 2019
- UNDER CONSTRUCTIONThese satellite images show China’s footprints across AfricaQuartz Africa • August 29, 2019
- CONFERENCE CALLWatch: Our conference call about China’s Africa projectQuartz • August 29, 2019