Here are all of our field guides to the industries, companies, and phenomena that are changing the state of play in business.
- Fashion forwardThe fashion industry is trying to redefine itself for a younger, international customer who cares more about sneakers than couture.
- Boeing’s current crisisWhat do the 737 Max crashes tell us about the aviation industry, and what does it mean for Boeing?
- How sneakers took over fashionWhat started on the streets is now a fixture of the runway. This is how it happened.
- The Quartz guide to travelEverything you need to know to travel intelligently, efficiently, and with your sanity intact.
- The new philanthropyPhilanthropists are rethinking where and how they give.
- Rebooting the Hollywood franchiseHollywood's most reliable machine is running out of steam. What's next?
- The birth of geriatric coolThe senior-living industry is exploding—and redefining the culture of aging.
- What Gen Z wantsGen Z teens have bypassed cultural gatekeepers, prompting brands to follow their lead.
- The home fitness boomThe race for the attention and commitment of home exercisers is on.
- The commuting revolutionThe coronavirus is providing a unique opportunity to reshape the way we move through cities.
- The new meaning of coolIn 2020, it’s cool to care.
- The great sports comebackThe return of sports has become a benchmark for the return to normal life.
- How movie theaters avoid extinctionTheaters hoping to survive the coronavirus pandemic are rebooting the moviegoing experience.
- The pet industrial complexAs our animals have transformed from our property to our de facto children, a massive industry has developed to feed and care for them.
- The business of mindfulnessMindfulness apps are booming as stressed-out people tune in for help coping.
- Travel in 2021Travel in 2021 is going to be a stop-and-go journey, as governments and businesses work on an equitable plan to get things back to normal.
- The ascent of African entertainmentA global audience and increased investment are driving booming African film, TV, and music industries.