Brussels After Brexit
In recent years, the European Union has suffered a debt crisis, economic stagnation and the biggest wave of migration in Europe since WWII. Now, the UK is negotiating its exit from the bloc. This series examines how Eurocrats are preparing for the loss of the EU’s financial center and second-biggest economy—and why spirits seem so high in Brussels.
- MAKING BRUSSELS WHITE AGAINThe EU institutions are unbelievably white. Brexit will make them even whiterQuartz • December 15, 2017
- STATUS CHECKEurope’s plan to forget Britain and unseat the US as leader of the free worldQuartz • December 15, 2017
- #BRUSSELSSOWHITEThe new balance of power in Brussels after BrexitQuartz • December 14, 2017
- BETTER OFF WITHOUT EUBritain rejected the EU, and the EU is loving its new lifeQuartz • December 13, 2017
- TEAM BRITAINThe unbearable limbo of being a British bureaucrat in BrusselsQuartz • December 12, 2017