Right now, the internet is overflowing with gift guides—daunting to navigate in these frantic days of holiday shopping. To make life a little easier, we put all our Quartz and Quartzy 2017 gift guides in one place: right here.
The gift of good TV:
- The complete guide to the 2017 alternative to entertainment gift-giving explains all the ways to buy someone you love their favorite shows and films.
- Our ultimate gift guide for true TV fanatics offers curated gift packages for both the casual fan and the obsessed acolytes for nine beloved TV shows from the last 10 years.
- Our TV streaming device gift guide identifies the perfect media player for the cord-cutter in your life.
- If you’re giving TV equipment, we’ve laid out the perfect living room media setup for you.
Win your Secret Santa exchange:
- If you’re in the market for stocking-stuffers, or just want to win your office Secret Santa, we have your gift guide for 10 distinctive, memorable gifts under $10.
Books for every taste:
- Bill Gates has some suggestions based on his year of reading.
- A selection of short story collections that are perfect for escaping the holiday bustle.
- And a master list of the most-often-recommended critics’ picks from 21 best-books-of-2017 lists.
A tip for finding the best gifts from your travels:
- Skip the tourist-trap gift shops and head instead for the nearest pharmacy.
Why you should buy your partner a sex toy:
- Seriously. A historian of sex toys explains why.
The perfect political holiday gift:
- A tongue-in-cheek suggestion, but actually not a bad idea: Why a Patagonia fleece is the perfect gift for your liberal or Trump-loving relative or friend.
A philosophical approach to gift-giving:
The art of giving, explored through five emblematic approaches that offer a framework for conceiving of great gifts forevermore.
- A pair of black jeans illustrate that surprise is way overrated.
- A fancy candle is the ultimate luxury gift: an utterly unnecessary object that makes life feel a bit more elegant, cozy, or calm.
- A pasta-making class is the gift of a shared experience.
- A handwritten love letter, or letter of appreciation to a dear friend, will be treasured more than anything money can buy.
- And a bundle of chocolate-sea-salt cookies shows you care enough to make something yourself.
And if you left it all until the last minute:
- Some holiday shopping tips for procrastinators.