Russia invades Ukraine: In February, Russian president Vladimir Putin launched a large-scale attack on Ukraine. China has vowed to continue trading with Moscow as normal even as US and European countries levy sanctions on Russia.
- CARAT AND STICKAre Russian diamonds now conflict diamonds? Depends on who you askQuartz • June 21, 2022
- NEW ERAA look inside Tasty, And That’s It, Russia’s new McDonald’s knockoffQuartz • June 13, 2022
- UP, UP AND AWAYGas prices are so high they’re making governments suspiciousQuartz • June 13, 2022
- GOING HUNGRYThe war in Ukraine is pushing countries short on food to famineQuartz • June 6, 2022
- BLOC PARTYFriendshoring is bad for politics but even worse for businessQuartz • June 6, 2022
- THAT'S A BIG NUMBEREurope’s gas crisis is a huge windfall for EgyptQuartz • June 3, 2022
- TAKE THE BUSCutting gas taxes is the wrong fix for high gas pricesQuartz • June 1, 2022