Africa Innovators 2018
Quartz Africa Innovators 2018 is the fourth annual edition of a series that identifies some of the most ambitious and imaginative minds on the continent. These are 30 scientists, artists, and entrepreneurs who are changing their communities, countries, and ultimately the continent. Rather than waiting for solutions to come from elsewhere, they’re taking matters into their own hands.
Enrich your perspective. Embolden your work. Become a Quartz member.
Your membership supports a team of global Quartz journalists reporting on the forces shaping our world. We make sense of accelerating change and help you get ahead of it with business news for the next era, not just the next hour. Subscribe to Quartz today.
- IMPORTED CAPITALThe danger of the innovation narrative becoming a distraction in AfricaQuartz Africa • September 21, 2018
- PACE SETTERSQuartz Africa Innovators 2018: A list of 30 pioneersQuartz Africa • September 20, 2018
- SHOW ME THE MONEYAfrica’s fintech startups are innovating out of need and global investors are backing themQuartz Africa • September 20, 2018
- BACK TO THE FUTUREAfrica’s ancient practices are being digitized for the futureQuartz Africa • September 20, 2018
- SPEAK EASYTech savvy innovators are in a race to save their African languages and boost literacyQuartz Africa • September 20, 2018
- THE MISSING LINKInnovators are Africa’s only real hope for prosperityQuartz Africa • September 20, 2018
- A BETTER WAYHow to develop an innovation culture in the African corporate environmentQuartz Africa • September 20, 2018