Small changes in China have huge effects worldwide; Chinese people are reshaping global tourism, education, technology, and more. But superpowers are rare, and each is different—China won’t be like the United States. We’re traveling around the world to find stories that show a Chinese superpower in action along with all of its opportunities, tensions, innovations, and dangers. Check back for new episodes.
Enrich your perspective. Embolden your work. Become a Quartz member.
Your membership supports a team of global Quartz journalists reporting on the forces shaping our world. We make sense of accelerating change and help you get ahead of it with business news for the next era, not just the next hour. Subscribe to Quartz today.
- THE SOURCECovid-19 could change how dependent the world is on China for drugsQuartz • April 23, 2020
- FULL DISCLOSUREUS-China tensions could be robbing the world of scientific progressQuartz • March 25, 2020
- BE WATERHong Kong is showing the world how to protest anonymously in an era of mass surveillanceQuartz • December 18, 2019
- DAMA 大麻What China’s relationship to cannabis reveals about its economyQuartz • November 20, 2019
- 404 NOT FOUNDIs WeChat a problem for democracies?Quartz • November 6, 2019
- HURT FEELINGSChinese censorship is no longer just a China problemQuartz • October 17, 2019
- PIG TROUBLEHow China’s swine fever epidemic turned into a global crisisQuartz • October 9, 2019
- FLUSHING IS CHINAThe rise of China has created a new kind of ChinatownQuartz • September 25, 2019
- GLOBETROTTINGHow Chinese tourists are reshaping the global travel economyQuartz • September 11, 2019
- GOLDEN TICKETChina’s wealthier citizens are taking full advantage of Greece’s “Golden Visa”Quartz • July 15, 2019