From how we move to how we move things, the digital revolution is fundamentally transforming industries to make them more sustainable, productive, and smarter. In Electric World, Quartz explores the companies, people, and projects that are harnessing the power of electric to charge a cleaner, fairer, and more innovative world.
Illustration by Julian Glander
Enrich your perspective. Embolden your work. Become a Quartz member.
Your membership supports a team of global Quartz journalists reporting on the forces shaping our world. We make sense of accelerating change and help you get ahead of it with business news for the next era, not just the next hour. Subscribe to Quartz today.
- PEDAL TO THE METALBiden just announced the most significant regulation of carbon emissions in US historyQuartz • August 5, 2021
- HAVING YOUR CAKEAmericans should have their trucks and save the climate tooQuartz • July 28, 2021
- DIFFERENT YEAR, SAME RANTFor two years now, Elon Musk has cited one reason for the delay in Tesla’s India launchQuartz India • July 26, 2021
- HOW TO ELECTRIFY EVERYTHINGHow much more energy will the US need to electrify everything?Quartz • March 19, 2021
- ON THE ROAD AGAINElectric cars may soon get a superhighway from Chicago to OrlandoQuartz • March 5, 2021
- WHO'S IN?With Super Bowl ads, Detroit bets Americans are finally ready for EVsQuartz • February 9, 2021
- ELECTRIFY OR DIEGM just sped up the depreciation of everything it ownsQuartz • January 30, 2021
- EV SPREE YIPEE!Biden’s buying spree could boost the number of electric vehicles in the US by 40%Quartz • January 26, 2021
- BACK IN THE GROUNDElon Musk just bought $100 million in publicity for the carbon capture industryQuartz • January 26, 2021
- RUNNING OUT OF CHARGEThe time to solve the electric car’s battery problem is nowQuartz • January 23, 2021