Some people don’t have the same limitations as the rest of us—whether it’s thriving on next-to-no sleep, having a near-perfect memory, or being more mindful and resilient to change. Quartz is searching the world for these people and the scientists studying them, to tell their stories and to understand what makes them so exceptional. In the process, we’re finding out which of our limits are real or imagined, and what steps we can all take to be our healthiest and most productive selves. Check back for new episodes.
- EPISODE 1: SLEEPWhat we can learn from people who hardly need any sleepQuartz • October 23, 2019
- EPISODE 2: MEMORYThe rare trait that may hold the secret to having a better memoryQuartz • October 31, 2019
- EPISODE 3: READINGScientists say it’s possible to speed read—we’re just doing it wrongQuartz • November 13, 2019
- EPISODE 4: MINDFULNESSMeditation is more than a stress reducer—it can physically change your brainQuartz • November 27, 2019
- EPISODE 5: MULTITASKINGAre you an exceptional multitasker—or are you just lying to yourself?Quartz • December 23, 2019
- AUGMENTED REALITY BONUS FEATURETry the scientifically proven “memory palace” technique to remember everythingQuartz • March 4, 2020