Mining for Silver on Facebook
Enrich your perspective. Embolden your work. Become a Quartz member.
Your membership supports a team of global Quartz journalists reporting on the forces shaping our world. We make sense of accelerating change and help you get ahead of it with business news for the next era, not just the next hour. Subscribe to Quartz today.
- QUARTZ INVESTIGATESMetals.com is shut down by US regulators after years of allegedly scamming seniorsQuartz • September 25, 2020
- BUYER BEWAREBe wary of gold and silver coin sellers taking advantage of the coronavirusQuartz • March 15, 2020
- OH BOILER ROOMListen to how precious-metals sellers psychologically manipulate elderly conservativesQuartz • February 27, 2020
- THE HEAT IS ONMassachusetts says Metals.com sold $3.2 million in overpriced coins to conservative seniorsQuartz • December 7, 2019
- A HEADS-UPWarn your conservative parents about gold and silver schemes at ThanksgivingQuartz • November 26, 2019
- SILVER MININGA precious-metals scheme used fear and Facebook to trick older conservatives out of their savingsQuartz • November 18, 2019
- GOLDEN BOYThe new “Wolf of Wall Street” is an influencer who sells gold to Republican seniorsQuartz • November 18, 2019
- AD, SUBTRACTHow Facebook fueled a precious-metal scheme targeting older conservativesQuartz • November 19, 2019
- GOLD DIGGINGThe scare tactics used to sell overpriced silver to older conservativesQuartz • November 19, 2019
- GOLD BUSTERSSo you think you’ve been scammed by a silver or gold schemeQuartz • November 18, 2019