Machines with Brains
Machines are making our decisions. They’re storing our memories, transforming entertainment, moving into our homes, and even changing our brains. Machines with Brains explores the ways technology is changing humanity, through personal stories of humans living and working with machines. Look back at our previous Machines with Brains special project.
Enrich your perspective. Embolden your work. Become a Quartz member.
Your membership supports a team of global Quartz journalists reporting on the forces shaping our world. We make sense of accelerating change and help you get ahead of it with business news for the next era, not just the next hour. Subscribe to Quartz today.
- A NEW DAWNThe inventor of the world’s best robot believes robots will make us better, happier peopleQuartz • October 30, 2018
- EXPOSING THE BIASScientists used AI to explore the results of the Implicit Association TestQuartz • October 23, 2018
- PLASTIC FANTASTICThese real-life cyborgs are changing their brains by enhancing their bodiesQuartz • October 16, 2018
- ON DEMANDWearable tech helps an MIT scientist remember his whole lifeQuartz • October 9, 2018
- SYNTHETIC POPThis “real time” virtual star may be the future of pop musicQuartz • October 2, 2018
- DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP?Where human meets machine: a new season of ‘Machines with Brains’Quartz • October 2, 2018
- MORE HUMAN THAN HUMANHow the “Most Human Human” passed the Turing TestQuartz • October 2, 2018
- WHO AM I?Introducing Machines With Brains: What it means to be human in a world that’s increasingly filled with robotsQuartz • July 11, 2017
- BOOKS ABOUT BRAINSBill Gates says these are the two books we should all read to understand AIQuartz • June 3, 2016