More than 100,000 telecom execs, equipment vendors, and smartphone enthusiasts descend on Barcelona for Mobile World Congress every year. At the expo, tech companies launch their latest products and discuss their visions for the future. Among the big themes this year will be the global struggle for 5G supremacy. What else is on the industry’s mind?
Enrich your perspective. Embolden your work. Become a Quartz member.
Your membership supports a team of global Quartz journalists reporting on the forces shaping our world. We make sense of accelerating change and help you get ahead of it with business news for the next era, not just the next hour. Subscribe to Quartz today.
- IMMERSION THERAPYThe battle for work/life balance is lost. The war for device/non-device balance has just begunQuartz • March 2, 2019
- NEARPODSEveryone can’t stop copying AppleQuartz • March 1, 2019
- BRAVE NEW MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS5G will make our phones faster—and Google, Amazon, and Microsoft even strongerQuartz • March 1, 2019
- ABOVE THE FOLDThe Huawei’s ludicrously expensive Mate X makes the case for the foldable phoneQuartz • February 27, 2019
- IT JUST WORKSThe three things you notice when trying on Microsoft’s HoloLens 2Quartz • February 26, 2019
- IT'S TIME FOR KAIOSSmart feature phones with “light” operating systems are the future of Africa’s mobile growthQuartz Africa • February 26, 2019
- NEW VIEWHoloLens’ creator took his design inspiration from a hatQuartz • February 25, 2019
- THE FUTURE UNFOLDSThis year, the mobile industry is all about 5G, foldable phones, and fractious politicsQuartz • February 25, 2019