The New Purpose of Companies
Enrich your perspective. Embolden your work. Become a Quartz member.
Your membership supports a team of global Quartz journalists reporting on the forces shaping our world. We make sense of accelerating change and help you get ahead of it with business news for the next era, not just the next hour. Subscribe to Quartz today.
- RECOMMENDEDFive books to read now about the purpose of companiesQuartz at Work • December 18, 2019
- BIG SHOESWho will replace Paul Polman as the face of sustainable capitalism?Quartz at Work • December 18, 2019
- WIDE AWAKEThe origins of La Colombe CEO Todd Carmichael’s social consciousnessQuartz at Work • December 16, 2019
- PVC WITH A PURPOSEHow a global chemical company gave itself a corporate purpose makeoverQuartz at Work • December 16, 2019
- MISSION DRIVENHow to build a space economy that avoids the mistakes of terrestrial capitalismQuartz at Work • December 16, 2019
- YOU ARE WHAT YOU BUYWhy it’s so hard to hold companies accountable when they break their ethical promisesQuartz at Work • December 16, 2019
- CONFIRMEDTwo tenets of Jesuit philosophy can help companies build cultures of trust and initiativeQuartz at Work • December 16, 2019
- ONLY CONNECTThe extraordinary story of the only B Corp in AfghanistanQuartz at Work • December 12, 2019
- GREENING THE APPLEIs Apple’s focus on sustainability more than a charade?Quartz at Work • December 12, 2019
- MARKET CIVITASWhat is the real purpose of companies? Only their behavior can tell usQuartz at Work • December 9, 2019