The 2050 Project
Enrich your perspective. Embolden your work. Become a Quartz member.
Your membership supports a team of global Quartz journalists reporting on the forces shaping our world. We make sense of accelerating change and help you get ahead of it with business news for the next era, not just the next hour. Subscribe to Quartz today.
- THE OLD IS NEW AGAINA robot-filled, architectural marvel in North Carolina is the library of the futureQuartz • March 27, 2019
- REBIRTHWhat a beautiful tiny house in rural Japan can teach us about the health of citiesQuartz • March 20, 2019
- THE FUTURE IS BRIGHTA behind the scenes look at how AR can transform the world of journalismQuartz • March 20, 2019
- GREEN REVOLUTIONPittsburgh’s ‘living building’ focuses on eco-friendly constructionQuartz • March 20, 2019
- A PLACE FOR THE AFTERLIFEIn land-scarce Taipei, the True Dragon Tower is a vertical home for the deadQuartz • March 13, 2019
- BRINGING BACK THE MUSICFor years, no one visited downtown LA until an architectural jewel helped bring it back to lifeQuartz • March 6, 2019
- SHIP SHAPEWhat if the future of housing means accepting that a home isn’t permanent?Quartz • February 27, 2019
- REPRESENTBolivia’s most Instagrammable houses showcase indigenous peoples’ reclaimed powerQuartz • February 27, 2019
- HOT STUFFYou can now ski on top of a $670 million power plant in CopenhagenQuartz • February 27, 2019