United Nations General Assembly 2018
From Sept. 18 to Oct. 5, heads of state, diplomats, philanthropists and business leaders descend on New York to set the next year’s political and humanitarian agenda. As some world leaders turn their backs on the postwar ideals of international governance, we’ll decipher political moves, gossip and head-spinning jargon at the world’s biggest political summit to find out: Does the United Nations still matter?
PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY QUARTZ, PHOTOS VIA REUTERS
Enrich your perspective. Embolden your work. Become a Quartz member.
Your membership supports a team of global Quartz journalists reporting on the forces shaping our world. We make sense of accelerating change and help you get ahead of it with business news for the next era, not just the next hour. Subscribe to Quartz today.
- MULTILINGUALWatch: Austria’s foreign minister spoke in Arabic to the UN General AssemblyQuartz • September 30, 2018
- UNDER THE KNIFEMany UN agencies are in a precarious position if the US decides to cut foreign aidQuartz • September 29, 2018
- SUMAMADUN General Assembly Daily Brief: Soft power, a secret atomic warehouse, and news from elsewhereQuartz • September 28, 2018
- FIXED FOR YOUFor the second year, we’re fixing UNGA’s mind-numbing event titles. You’re welcomeQuartz • September 28, 2018
- "I DO QUITE A LOT OF EXERCISE"Malaysia’s 93-year-old prime minister tells the simple secret to his long lifeQuartz • September 27, 2018
- OSEMOSYSUN General Assembly Daily Brief: Outsmarting death, Mr. Handsome interrupts, and news from elsewhereQuartz • September 27, 2018
- 64,000 EURO QUESTIONDonald Trump’s foreign policy is putting the dollar at riskQuartz • September 27, 2018
- WHEWThe craziest moments from Donald Trump’s big UNGA press conferenceQuartz • September 27, 2018
- RUSSIA WHO?China is trying to influence the US midterms to help the Democrats, Trump claimsQuartz • September 26, 2018
- IT'S A JOURNEYThe US is ranking which countries are most and least deserving of aidQuartz • September 26, 2018