This week, Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos entertained the internet with a hypothetical question: What’s the right way to say no to a meeting request?
In a post on Instagram, Bezos explained the dilemma this way:
Let’s say you’re at a big cocktail party and someone you don’t know comes up to you while you’re talking to your dad and girlfriend and asks for a meeting. Let’s say this person is the kind of person who actually uses the word “minions” to describe the people who work for you.
How do you respond:
- A) Yes, I’ll definitely meet with you.
- B) No, I won’t meet with you.
- C) Tell you what. Call so and so and they’ll work something out.
- D) Quietly resolve to become a shut-in.
- E) Something else (fill in the blank)
A Seinfeld “Serenity Now!” button (second pic) for whoever comes up with the best answer.