Hi there, Quartz members!
The world of a trucker
Today, we have a Q&A with Finn Murphy. Finn’s been driving a big rig for nearly 40 years, and wrote a bestselling memoir about it. In our interview, he offers his predictions for the industry, talks about how trucking has changed, and discusses what his favorite podcasts are.
We also have an essay that looks at other professions that were transformed by automation. Some readjusted (bank tellers), while others were decimated (phone operators).
More trucking this week
We’ll have a lot more to talk about regarding trucking, including:
- A look at trucking’s global impact
- How our buying habits have changed trucking
- Trucking’s role in film, music, and television
- The demographics of trucking and what it means for the future
- A photo essay of truckers and their trucks
Join us this Friday
We’ll have a 30-minute conference call to talk about trucking at noon EST. Stay tuned for details.
Let’s keep learning. Send ideas, questions, comments, and roadside-dining suggestions to email@example.com.
Hope you have a rewarding day,
Quartz membership editor