The Future of Cash
Unlocked for you by
In many parts of the world, more people are paying with their phone than with printed currency. But cash is still king when it comes to privacy. How do we balance the ease of digital payments with the anonymity of paper money? The answer will define the future of payments.
Lan Truong for Quartz
Enrich your perspective. Embolden your work. Become a Quartz member.
Your membership supports a team of global Quartz journalists reporting on the forces shaping our world. We make sense of accelerating change and help you get ahead of it with business news for the next era, not just the next hour. Subscribe to Quartz today.
- CHART BOOKHere’s what’s happening with electronic money around the worldQuartz • November 15, 2018
- Kenya’s biggest mobile money service is reinventing itself for the futureQuartz • November 15, 2018
- TOOLKITThe people to know who know about moneyQuartz • November 16, 2018
- GREAT QUARTER GUYSHere’s what to take away from Square’s latest earnings reportQuartz • November 16, 2018
- ESSAYPaper money is the state-of-the-art technology for anonymityQuartz • November 16, 2018
- GOD SAVE THE POUNDTo keep cash from dying, the UK needs to take drastic measuresQuartz • March 6, 2019
- QUARTZ PRESENTSWhat to expect in a cash-free futureQuartz • February 21, 2020