Over the last decade, the fashion industry has undergone sweeping changes. Social media stars have unseated traditional gatekeepers; luxury has come off its pedestal to meet the masses; and narrow beauty standards have broadened to include a range of races and bodies. Redesigning Fashion reveals professionals who work behind the scenes, to influence the way we shop, dress, and experience fashion.
- REJECT TOKENISMThe casting director fighting fashion’s diversity problem, one face at a timeQuartzy • September 21, 2018
- Fashion is moving faster than ever to the next new thing, and Ssense is selling itQuartzy • September 20, 2018
- PEDDLING INFLUENCEWhalar shows brands how to make friends and influence people in the Instagram ageQuartzy • September 19, 2018
- KICKS CULTUREHighsnobiety built an empire at the intersection of sneakers, fashion, and musicQuartzy • September 13, 2018
- BUY, SELL, BUY, SELLThe RealReal treats your wardrobe as a portfolio of investments to buy and sellQuartzy • September 13, 2018
- SIZING MATTERSAt Universal Standard, plus-size clothing is just clothingQuartzy • September 13, 2018