The Quartz Work Reconsidered Podcast Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts on October 14, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET and ends on November 18, 2022 at 12:01AM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is G/O Media, Inc. (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. Sponsor’s designated clock is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (“Sweepstakes Area”) who are 18 years old and older, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of the Sweepstakes start date. Employees of Sponsor and of its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and of all of the vendors, promotion contractors, public relations companies, and other entities that participated in the creation, operation or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities), and each of those employees’ immediate family members (spouse, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws) and household members (whether or not related), are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that all eligibility requirements are met.
2. How to Enter: There are two ways to enter, via a podcast review and via mail.
(a) To enter via a podcast review, entrant must leave a review of the Work Reconsidered podcast (“Review”) on the podcast platform of entrant’s choice such as Apple or Spotify during the Sweepstakes Period. Make sure to include #sweepstakes in the Review. Email a screenshot of the Review and entrant email address to firstname.lastname@example.org during the Sweepstakes Period to confirm that the Review was posted.
(b) To enter by mail, during the Sweepstakes Period, entrant must print entrant’s name, mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), email address, phone number, and date of birth on a 3”x5” card and mailing it to: Quartz Work Reconsidered Podcast Sweepstakes, G/O Media, 1290 Avenue of the Americas, 6 th Floor, New York, NY 10104, Attn: F. Yasin. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by the end of the Sweepstakes Period and be received within seven days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. Limit one mail-in entry per outer mailing envelope, and mail-in entries must be handwritten.
3. Conditions Applicable to all Entries: Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, postage-due, mis-delivered, or misdirected. All received entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. roof of sending is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor will not accept screen shots as proof of entry. Limit one entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified if discovered by Sponsor. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries if discovered by Sponsor and that entrant may be disqualified.
4. Review Requirements: Review must not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that: is sexually explicit or suggestive; violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity; promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames Sponsor, Sponsor’s brands, other people, or other companies; infringes any third party’s intellectual property right; contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names (other than those of participants in the Work Reconsidered podcast), email addresses, or street addresses; contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person(other than those of participants in the Work Reconsidered podcast),including, without limitation, celebrities, and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission; violates a platform or website’s terms of service; and/or violates any law.
By submitting a Review, each entrant represents and warrants that the Review meets all of the Review Requirements and that the distribution, reproduction, display and any other uses of any part of the Review by Sponsor as permitted herein will not infringe any third-party rights. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold Released Parties (defined below) harmless from and against all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by such entrant of such warranties or representations made by entrant or of these Official Rules. By submitting a Review, entrant grants to Sponsor and its licensees a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sublicensable, and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon (including, without limitation, translations), publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, and publish the Review (in whole or in part) as Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate including, without limitation, (a) in connection with Sponsor’s business; and (b) in connection with the businesses of Sponsor’s successors, parents, subsidiaries, and their related companies, without prior notice, approval, or compensation. Sponsor may exercise this grant in any format, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such Review. Furthermore, entrant also grants other users permission to access entrant’s Review and to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, and publish entrant’s Review for personal, non-commercial use. Entrant otherwise will retain all rights in the Review. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion and at any time during the Promotion, that any Review violates the Review Requirements, is otherwise unsuitable, offensive, or in poor taste, or violates these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to remove and disqualify the Review. Sponsor retains sole discretion as to whether any Review satisfies the Review Requirements and the Official Rules.
5. Winner Selection and Odds of Winning: After the close of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select the potential winner by random drawing from all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. If entrant entered via the Review method, the quality of the Review will not play a role in the determination of the winner.
6. Winner Notification and Verification: All activity arising out of and relating to the Sweepstakes, including any reference to an entrant’s status as a “winner,” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules, and entrants agree to cooperate with Sponsor concerning such verification and/or auditing. Sponsor will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winner using the information provided in connection with the entry, and potential winner must respond within 48 hours of initial notification attempt. Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Waiver and Publicity Release (TN residents need not sign publicity release), and/or certain tax documents, and, if so, any required documentation must be signed and returned to Sponsor within 72 hours of the time Sponsor sends it to winner and prior to receipt of prize. A potential winner will be disqualified if the potential winner: (a) cannot be contacted/does not respond within 48 hours of initial notification attempt; (b) does not satisfy all eligibility requirements; (c) does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) fails to provide required identification or sign and return required documents by deadline set by Sponsor. In such event, an alternate potential winner will be selected in the same manner as described above from among all remaining eligible entries (time permitting). Alternate potential winner is subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. No more than two alternate drawings will be conducted for the prize. If the winner cannot be verified for the prize after two alternate drawings, no further drawings will be held for that prize and that prize will not be awarded.
7. Prize/Conditions/Restrictions: There is one prize. The prize is a $200 Amazon gift card. Gift card subject to terms and conditions thereon. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash, and substitutions are not allowed; provided, however that Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if offered prize is not available or for any other reason. Winner is solely responsible for applicable federal, state, and local taxes in connection with the winner’s prize, as well as any other costs or expenses of any kind not expressly included above as part of prize description. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Unclaimed prize will be forfeited by winner and will remain the property of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for loss, theft, delay, or damage in delivery of prize (sent directly via email).
8. Publicity: By entering, each entrant agrees to allow use of his or her name, voice, photograph, likeness, and home town, in all forms of media, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose in connection with the Sweepstakes, including advertising, promotional, or other purposes, by Sweepstakes Entities, without additional compensation or authorization. (TN residents need not so consent.)
9. General Conditions: By entering, entrants agree: (a) to release, waive, and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities, G/O Media, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) resulting from the entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes, their acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize or element thereof, and any travel or event-related activity in connection with the Sweepstakes; (b) the Released Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay, or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or if Sponsor determines, in its sole opinion, that Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any website associated with this Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules for any reason (including, for example and not by way of limitation, because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to modify, terminate or suspend the Review portion of this Sweepstakes. If the Review portion of the Sweepstakes is terminated, Sponsor will (if possible) award the prize in the same manner described above in this Official Rules from among all eligible, non-suspect Review entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such termination and all eligible mail-in entries sent and received by the deadlines set forth above. If termination, modification, or suspension of the Review portion occurs, notification will be posted on qz.com. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) in an annoying, threatening or harassing manner; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes;
(c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof.
10. In Case of Dispute: By entering, entrant agrees that: (a) all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or the prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to a particular entrant. This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Venue for any action concerning the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be in the courts located in or closest to New York County, New York. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source.
11. Winner Name: For the name of the winner (available after the close of the Sweepstakes Period), send an email request with request to email@example.com. Requests must be received by no later than 60 days after the close of the Sweepstakes Period.
12. Sponsor: G/O Media (owner of Quartz), 1290 Avenue of the Americas, 6 th Floor, New York, NY 10104.