Walmart and Paramount+ struck a streaming deal. The entertainment company’s content will be a perk for Walmart’s subscribers in what’s largely seen as a challenge to Amazon. (More on Walmart’s upcoming earnings below).
Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund went on a US stock buying spree… Shares of Alphabet, Zoom, and Microsoft were among the top picks.
…while Michael Burry’s firm sold almost all its holdings. The investor retained shares in just one company, Geo Group, which invests in prisons and mental health facilities.
WeWork’s ousted CEO Adam Neumann won new backers. Venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz invested $350 million in his new real estate startup, the New York Times reported.
- Starbucks wants to stop mail-in voting for union electionsQuartz • 5 hours ago
- An Elon Musk comedy show: Funny, or just true?Quartz • 6 hours ago
- Why Americans are so confused about what's happening with inflationQuartz • 7 hours ago
- Crypto is falling, but crypto domain name sales are spikingQuartz • August 16, 2022
- How Snapchat is sneaking its way into the streaming warsQuartz • August 15, 2022
- Redbox’s wild meme stock rally finally ends with its saleQuartz • August 15, 2022
- China can’t afford to worry about inflation right nowQuartz • August 15, 2022